Complaint for Claim of Abandoned Mineral Interest
I, Robert Messina, after being duly sworn according to law, would state to the Court as follows:
1. My full name is Robert Messina and I reside at 1824 Mosher St., Baltimore, MD 21217.
2. I am the current owner of record of a surface estate located at Cravenstown Rd., Wilder, TN of record in Book 114, Page 57, Register’s Office of Overton County, Tennessee.
3. After inquiring with the county property assessor, I am not aware of any tax being paid for the mineral estate which underlies my surface estate. The mineral estate is of record (if known) in Book 114, Page 57, Register’s Office of Overton County, Tennessee. The name of the mineral interest owner (if known) is Southern Energy and Minerals, Roger Page, and An-Car Oil Company.
4. Upon reasonable inquiry, I am not aware of any use being made of the mineral estate underlying my surface estate as defined in Tennessee Code Annotated, § 66-5-108.
5. I believe the mineral interest is abandoned.
6. Upon the publishing of notice as required by Tennessee Code Annotated, § 66-5-108 and the failure of the mineral interest owner to file a statement of claim, plaintiff demands that the mineral interest be declared to be abandoned, that the interest lapse and be reunited with the above mentioned surface estate.
This the 5th day of October, 2013.
<s> Robert Messina
Surface Estate Owner
State of Maryland
County of Baltimore City
Personally appeared before me, Shannell Ricks of the county, Robert Messina, the within named plaintiff, having been duly sworn who acknowledged that plaintiff executed the within instrument for the purposes therein contained. Witness my hand, this 5th day of October, 2013.
Shannell Ricks, Notary Public
Baltimore City, Maryland
My commission expires 04/22/17